Are you a golf enthusiast looking for an exceptional vacation destination where you can indulge your love for the sport while also enjoying a luxury resort experience? Look no further! We’ve combed the USA from coast to coast to bring you the top 7 best all inclusive golf resorts in the USA. So, whether you’re planning a golf-focused trip with your buddies or want to include your non-golfing family, we’ve got you covered. Here’s our list of the best all-inclusive golf resorts that offer fantastic golf facilities along with excellent dining, relaxation, and recreational opportunities.
- 1. Pinehurst Resort, North Carolina
- 2. The American Club, Kohler, Wisconsin
- 3. Pebble Beach Resorts, California
- 4. The Boulders, Arizona
- 5. The Broadmoor, Colorado
- 6. Sea Island Resort, Georgia
- 7. Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, Oregon
- Frequently Asked Questions About All Inclusive Golf Resorts In The United States
- 1. What are the factors to consider when choosing a golf resort in the United States?
- 2. Do I need to be an expert golfer to enjoy these resorts?
- 3. Are golf resorts a good option for non-golfing family members?
- 4. Can I get golf lessons at these resorts?
- 5. What is the best time of year to visit these golf resorts?
1. Pinehurst Resort, North Carolina
Pinehurst Resort is a historic destination located in the golf-rich state of North Carolina. Home to nine distinct golf courses, Pinehurst is often referred to as the “Home of American Golf.” The resort’s crowning glory is Pinehurst No. 2, a course designed by legendary architect Donald Ross, which has hosted more championships than any other golf course in the country.
Along with the abundance of golfing opportunities, Pinehurst also offers a wealth of other amenities. The resort offers several dining options, a world-class spa, and plenty of recreational activities beyond the golf courses. Whether you’re here for a golf retreat or a family vacation, there’s something for everyone at Pinehurst.
- Amenities: Multiple dining options, spa, fitness center, kids club
- Fun Activities: Golfing, lawn sports, biking, tennis
- Golf Amenities: Nine golf courses, professional instruction, golf academy, practice area
- Why Choose Pinehurst?: An unmatched number of courses and a long, illustrious golfing history make Pinehurst a must-visit destination for any golf lover.
2. The American Club, Kohler, Wisconsin
The American Club, located in Kohler, Wisconsin, offers one of the most comprehensive golf experiences in the United States. It is home to four championship golf courses, all designed by Pete Dye, a renowned golf course architect. The courses – Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits – are consistently ranked among the best in the country and have hosted numerous major championships.
The resort itself offers a wide range of amenities that make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. From the luxurious accommodations to the state-of-the-art spa and several dining options, The American Club is all about providing a top-notch experience. You can spend your day on the course and then unwind at the spa or enjoy a gourmet meal at one of the on-site restaurants.
- Amenities: Fine dining, spa, fitness center, boutique shops
- Fun Activities: Golf, yoga, horseback riding, hiking
- Golf Amenities: Four championship courses, golf academy, pro shop
- Why Choose The American Club?: With challenging courses designed by a master, and a range of other luxury amenities, The American Club offers a unique golf vacation that combines sport and relaxation.
3. Pebble Beach Resorts, California
Nestled along the rugged coastline of California, Pebble Beach Resorts is arguably one of the most iconic golf destinations in the country. Its flagship course, Pebble Beach Golf Links, is renowned worldwide and has been the site of several prestigious tournaments, including the U.S. Open.
The resort is not all about golf, though. It offers a variety of accommodations, including oceanfront rooms with breathtaking views, and a host of dining options. After a day on the green, you can relax at the award-winning spa, explore the nearby natural attractions, or dine at one of several onsite restaurants.
- Amenities: Multiple dining options, luxury spa, fitness center
- Fun Activities: Golfing, hiking, horseback riding, shopping
- Golf Amenities: Five golf courses, professional instruction, pro shop
- Why Choose Pebble Beach?: Combining exceptional golfing with a spectacular location and luxury amenities, Pebble Beach offers a vacation experience that’s hard to beat.
4. The Boulders, Arizona
Nestled in the heart of the Sonoran Desert, The Boulders, a Waldorf Astoria Resort, is an oasis for golf enthusiasts. The resort is home to two award-winning Jay Morrish-designed courses that are known for their stunning desert scenery.
Besides the top-notch golfing, The Boulders also offers an impressive array of amenities. These include a world-class spa, six unique restaurants and cafes, and plenty of activities like rock climbing, hiking, and horseback riding.
The resort’s accommodations, set in the desert landscape, provide a unique and tranquil retreat. The Boulders is also known as one of the best tennis resorts in US which makes it an incredible destination for sporty individuals and families!
- Amenities: Multiple dining options, luxury spa, fitness center, retail shops
- Fun Activities: Golfing, rock climbing, hiking, horseback riding
- Golf Amenities: Two golf courses, professional instruction, golf shop
- Why Choose The Boulders?: If you’re looking for a golf vacation with a difference, The Boulders offers a unique desert golfing experience, combined with luxury accommodations and amenities.
5. The Broadmoor, Colorado
The Broadmoor, located in Colorado Springs, offers a spectacular mountain setting for a golf vacation. With two championship courses designed by legends Donald Ross and Robert Trent Jones Sr., golfers of all skill levels are sure to be challenged and delighted.
The resort offers more than just great golf. It boasts a range of dining options, from casual cafes to fine dining, a luxury spa, and a host of other recreational activities. The Broadmoor’s blend of historic charm, top-tier golf, and other luxury amenities make it a must-visit destination. The Broadmoor is an incredible resort for the summer as well as the winter as it is commonly referred to as one of the best all-inclusive ski resorts in Colorado as well.
- Amenities: Multiple dining options, luxury spa, fitness center, boutique shops
- Fun Activities: Golfing, tennis, horseback riding, fly fishing
- Golf Amenities: Two championship courses, professional instruction, pro shop
- Why Choose The Broadmoor?: The Broadmoor’s combination of historic charm, stunning location, and championship golf makes it a unique and worthwhile destination for any golf enthusiast.
6. Sea Island Resort, Georgia
Sea Island Resort, located on the southeastern coast of Georgia, boasts three championship golf courses, including Seaside and Plantation, which co-host the PGA Tour’s RSM Classic. These exceptional courses, combined with the resort’s southern charm and ocean views, make it a must-visit for golfers.
The resort offers a range of activities beyond golf, such as spa treatments, beach activities, and fishing. Accommodation options include the Cloister at Sea Island, a luxurious hotel with a five-star rating.
- Amenities: Multiple dining options, five-star spa, fitness center
- Fun Activities: Golfing, beach activities, fishing, horseback riding
- Golf Amenities: Three championship golf courses, professional instruction, pro shop
- Why Choose Sea Island?: Sea Island offers a charming blend of southern hospitality, beautiful seaside location, and top-tier golf, making it a wonderful choice for a golf-centric vacation.
7. Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, Oregon
Bandon Dunes Golf Resort is a dream come true for purists of the game. With its five true links courses – Bandon Dunes, Pacific Dunes, Bandon Trails, Old Macdonald, and Sheep Ranch – it’s as close as you can get to traditional Scottish golf without leaving the United States.
In addition to the golf, Bandon Dunes offers a range of accommodation options and dining venues, as well as activities like hiking and fishing. However, golf is undoubtedly the main attraction here, and the resort’s minimalist approach allows the stunning natural beauty of the Oregon coast to shine.
- Amenities: Multiple dining options, massage services, fitness center
- Fun Activities: Golfing, hiking, fishing
- Golf Amenities: Five championship golf courses, professional instruction, two pro shops
- Why Choose Bandon Dunes?: For golf purists, there’s no better destination than Bandon Dunes, with its commitment to traditional links golf and the beautiful, rugged Oregon coastline providing a breathtaking backdrop.
These are our top picks for all-inclusive golf resorts in the United States. Whether you’re a golf purist, a casual player, or a non-golfer accompanying a golf enthusiast, these resorts offer memorable experiences and high-quality services that cater to all your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions About All Inclusive Golf Resorts In The United States
Below are a few of the most commonly asked questions we have received about golf resorts in the United States. If you have any other questions that have not been answered then please reach out to our team and we will include your questions in the section below.
1. What are the factors to consider when choosing a golf resort in the United States?
When choosing a golf resort, you should consider the quality and diversity of the golf courses, the amenities provided by the resort (such as dining options, spa services, and fitness centers), and the activities available for non-golfers. Location is also key – some may prefer the serenity of a mountainous or beachfront resort, while others may look for all inclusive resorts that are close to urban attractions.
2. Do I need to be an expert golfer to enjoy these resorts?
Absolutely not! Many of the resorts cater to all skill levels, providing professional instruction for beginners and challenging courses for more advanced players. Furthermore, these resorts often offer a wide array of activities beyond golf, ensuring that all guests, regardless of their golfing prowess, have an enjoyable stay.
3. Are golf resorts a good option for non-golfing family members?
Yes, they certainly can be. While golf may be the primary attraction, these resorts typically offer a host of other amenities and activities such as spa treatments, swimming pools, hiking trails, fishing, and sometimes even children’s programs. The resorts’ settings, often in beautiful, tranquil locations, also lend themselves to relaxation and leisurely enjoyment.
4. Can I get golf lessons at these resorts?
Yes, many of these golf resorts provide professional golf instruction. Whether you’re a beginner hoping to learn the basics or an experienced golfer looking to perfect your swing, you’ll be able to find suitable guidance.
5. What is the best time of year to visit these golf resorts?
The best time to visit depends on the location of the resort and your personal preferences. Generally, spring and fall are great seasons to play golf because of the moderate weather. However, resorts in warmer climates like Florida and Arizona offer year-round golfing. It’s always best to check the specific resort’s recommendations and weather expectations when planning your trip.