Grab your sunscreen, pack your bags, and let your student ID work some magic! College is the perfect time to explore, create memories, and, yes, find some relaxation in between those hectic semesters. Today we’re counting down the best all-inclusive resorts for college students seeking a blend of fun, relaxation, adventure, and a bang for their buck. Let’s dive in!
- Best All Inclusive Resorts For College Students or Spring Break Trips
- 1. Grand Oasis Cancun, Mexico
- 2. Riu Santa Fe, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- 3. Solmar Resort, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- 4. Club Med Cancun, Mexico
- 5. Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa, Dominican Republic
- 6. Occidental Tucancún, Mexico
- 7. Iberostar Dominicana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- 8. Club Med Turkoise, Turks and Caicos
- 9. Sandos Playacar, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- 10. SLS Baha Mar, Bahamas
- Key Factors to Consider When Choosing a Resort for College Students
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Are these resorts safe for college students traveling alone or in groups?
- What is included in the 'all-inclusive' package at these resorts?
- Are these resorts friendly to students on a budget?
- Do these resorts offer any adventurous activities for thrill-seeking students?
- Are there opportunities for cultural experiences near these resorts?
Best All Inclusive Resorts For College Students or Spring Break Trips
Although there are hundreds of incredible resorts all across the world that could be great for your next college trip, there are 10 resorts that standout to our team. These resorts are perfect for college students because they offer adult activities, are affordable for college students, have a great nightlife, are safe, and are overall a great option for your next trip.
Let’s take a look at our recommendation for the best resorts for a students or for a spring break trip.
1. Grand Oasis Cancun, Mexico
Grand Oasis Cancun is a mecca for college students seeking a dynamic getaway. Known as the “Entertainment Resort,” it’s nestled in Cancun’s Hotel Zone, teeming with fun activities and night-life.
This resort has a reputation for being a lively spot and offers a full program of concerts, music festivals, and themed parties. If you’re into sports, enjoy the multi-purpose court or take a swing at the longest golf course in the region.
- Amenities: Swimming pools, multi-purpose court, golf course, spa, gym, beach club, and multiple dining options.
- Activities: Concerts, music festivals, themed parties, golfing, beach activities, and watersports.
2. Riu Santa Fe, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
If you’re into water slides and pool parties with live DJs, then Riu Santa Fe is your destination. Located in Cabo San Lucas, this resort offers a fantastic all-inclusive experience for college students.
The resort’s location is perfect for exploring downtown Cabo and the famous Arch at Land’s End. They have spacious rooms and round-the-clock food and drinks, so the fun never has to stop.
- Amenities: Swimming pools, water park, gym, sauna, steam bath, and multiple restaurants and bars.
- Activities: Pool parties, beach volleyball, scuba diving trials in the pool, and excursions to downtown Cabo and Land’s End.
3. Solmar Resort, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Another jewel in Cabo San Lucas, Solmar Resort offers a more laid-back vibe for those seeking relaxation in between adventures. It’s also located near downtown Cabo for when you’re ready to explore.
The all-inclusive package here includes meals at two restaurants, drinks, and use of the resort’s sports facilities. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, by the pool, or try your hand at fishing, Solmar has you covered.
- Amenities: Swimming pools, fitness center, spa, two restaurants, and a bar.
- Activities: Fishing, beach lounging, and quick access to downtown Cabo for shopping and nightlife.
4. Club Med Cancun, Mexico
At Club Med Cancun, you’ll find a mix of relaxation and adrenaline-filled activities. It’s perfect for college students seeking an all-round vacation experience in a breathtaking location.
This resort is at the tip of the Riviera Maya, with rooms offering fantastic sea views. They offer a wide range of sports activities and have three beautiful beaches where you can relax or join in the beach volleyball fun.
Club Med are known for providing their visitors with a wide range of entertainment and are known for going the extra mile for their guest. During the holiday periods they will even decorate the entire resort to provide guests with a beautiful holiday theme. This is why they were listed on our best all-inclusive resorts for Thanksgiving article.
- Amenities: Three beaches, swimming pools, fitness center, spa, watersports center, and multiple dining options.
- Activities: Sailing, snorkeling, flying trapeze, archery, tennis, and beach volleyball.
5. Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa, Dominican Republic
If you fancy a Caribbean adventure, Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa is a hot spot for young adults. This vibrant resort is set on a pristine beach and offers an Unlimited-Luxury® experience.
The resort hosts themed parties and has a busy calendar of special events. They have multiple swimming pools, beach cabanas, and a variety of dining options to cater to all tastes.
- Amenities: Multiple swimming pools, beach cabanas, fitness center, spa, and multiple dining options.
- Activities: Themed parties, water aerobics, dance classes, non-motorized watersports, and beach volleyball.
6. Occidental Tucancún, Mexico
The Occidental Tucancún in Cancun offers an all-inclusive experience that’s budget-friendly without compromising on quality. This beachfront resort allows you to enjoy the Caribbean Sea and Nichupté Lagoon from two different perspectives.
The resort offers a variety of watersports, a fitness center, and three swimming pools. After a day of fun, feast on their array of international food options.
- Amenities: Three swimming pools, fitness center, spa, four restaurants, and five bars.
- Activities: Watersports, beach volleyball, fitness classes, and easy access to local nightlife.
7. Iberostar Dominicana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Iberostar Dominicana is a great all-inclusive option in Punta Cana. Set on Bavaro Beach, the resort is an excellent place to meet other young adults while enjoying a variety of activities.
From golfing to sailing, this resort provides plenty of options to stay active. With the Star Camp, even college students can bring out their inner child for a day of fun.
- Amenities: Swimming pools, fitness center, spa, golf course, Star Camp, multiple restaurants, and bars.
- Activities: Golfing, sailing, diving, Star Camp activities, and watersports.
8. Club Med Turkoise, Turks and Caicos
For those willing to venture further, Club Med Turkoise in Turks and Caicos is a fantastic adults-only resort, ideal for college students. The resort, located on the stunning Grace Bay Beach, offers a variety of activities.
From trapeze lessons to snorkeling, the resort provides numerous ways to make your vacation memorable. After a busy day, chill out with cocktails at the Sharkies Bar. Club Med was also featured in our best all inclusive resorts for singles over 50 because of the amount of adult-only fun this resort can provide for its visitors.
- Amenities: Swimming pool, fitness center, watersports center, two restaurants, and three bars.
- Activities: Flying trapeze, sailing, snorkeling, beach volleyball, and live entertainment.
9. Sandos Playacar, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
For those seeking a mix of culture and beach relaxation, Sandos Playacar in Playa del Carmen is a great choice. This all-inclusive resort is set on a beautiful beach and offers activities like yoga, water aerobics, and dance classes.
You can explore the Mayan ruins, go diving in cenotes, or just chill by one of the resort’s many pools. Don’t miss out on their themed parties!
- Amenities: Multiple swimming pools, fitness center, spa, eight restaurants, and seven bars.
- Activities: Yoga, water aerobics, dance classes, diving, and themed parties.
10. SLS Baha Mar, Bahamas
Last but not least, SLS Baha Mar in the Bahamas is a luxurious option for those willing to splurge. With its on-site casino, golf course, and spa, this resort takes the all-inclusive experience to another level.
From hanging out at the SLS Pool to visiting the onsite art gallery, there are plenty of ways to spend your time here.
- Amenities: Swimming pools, golf course, casino, spa, art gallery, multiple restaurants, and bars.
- Activities: Golfing, swimming, beach lounging, and casino gaming.
That wraps up our list of the top 10 all-inclusive resorts for college students. Each one offers a unique experience tailored to different interests and budgets. Happy vacation planning!
Key Factors to Consider When Choosing a Resort for College Students
When you’re planning your getaway as a college student, it’s essential to keep a few key factors in mind. Here’s a rundown on what to consider before you make your booking:
As a college student, it’s crucial to factor in the cost. All-inclusive resorts are a great way to manage your budget since most of your expenses (like meals, drinks, and sometimes activities) are included in your booking price. Look out for student discounts or special deals that might lower the cost even further.
Think about what type of vacation you’re after. Are you looking for a beachfront resort with plenty of watersports? Or maybe you’d prefer a resort close to cultural sights or adventure activities? The location of the resort can significantly influence your holiday experience, so consider this carefully. There are great resorts all across the Caribbean, in the United States, in South America, and everywhere in between.
Typically specific countries will provide a more cost effective vacation that is more affordable for college students. The prices of the resorts listed in this article will be drastically more affordable compared to the resorts listed in our best resorts in Aruba for couples article.
Check what activities the resort offers. If you’re an active person, look for a resort with a range of sports and fitness options. If you’re more into relaxation, a resort with a great spa and quiet, serene surroundings might be more your style.
Student travelers should always consider safety. Look for resorts that have good security measures in place, such as 24/7 security personnel, safe deposit boxes in rooms, and possibly medical services on-site or nearby.
Don’t forget to check out reviews from other guests. They can give you a real insight into what to expect from the resort. Look out for comments about the quality of the food, the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms, and whether the resort lives up to its ‘all-inclusive’ promise.
Remember, the most important thing is that the resort fits your personal preferences and needs. With a bit of research, you’ll find the perfect place for your college getaway!
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of the most common questions we have are asked by our readers when they are looking to book a resort for college students. If you have any further questions then feel free to reach out to our team and we can include them to this list.
Are these resorts safe for college students traveling alone or in groups?
Absolutely! The resorts listed are in popular tourist areas and prioritize the safety and well-being of their guests. Most of them offer 24/7 security, safe deposit boxes, and some even have medical services. However, as with any travel, students should always be aware of their surroundings and make informed decisions to ensure personal safety.
What is included in the ‘all-inclusive’ package at these resorts?
All-inclusive usually means that your accommodation, meals, snacks, and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are included in your booking price. Some resorts also include certain activities, entertainment, and non-motorized watersports. It’s always a good idea to check the resort’s website or contact them directly to clarify what their all-inclusive package covers.
Are these resorts friendly to students on a budget?
Absolutely! We’ve selected resorts that offer a range of prices, including some budget-friendly options like the Grand Oasis Cancun and Occidental Tucancún. Remember, prices can fluctuate depending on the season, so it’s always a good idea to book in advance and check for any student discounts. The resorts listed above will typically be more affordable compared to some of the best Sandals resorts which are known for providing a more luxurious experience.
Do these resorts offer any adventurous activities for thrill-seeking students?
Yes, many of these resorts offer thrilling activities. For instance, Club Med Cancun and Club Med Turkoise both offer flying trapeze lessons. Sandos Playacar and Riu Santa Fe offer a variety of watersports, and SLS Baha Mar even has a golf course and a casino.
Are there opportunities for cultural experiences near these resorts?
Indeed, many of these resorts are near areas of cultural interest. For example, guests at Sandos Playacar can explore Mayan ruins or dive in the cenotes. Those staying in Cabo San Lucas can easily access downtown Cabo for a taste of local culture and cuisine. Always check with the resort’s concierge for the best local tours and cultural experiences.