An overwhelming variety of aquatic life, shipwrecks engulfed in a symphony of colorful corals, and the alluring mystery of the ocean floor, scuba diving is not just a sport, it’s an unforgettable experience. For those passionate about this aquatic adventure, we have curated a list of the top 10 best all-inclusive resorts for scuba diving that is perfect for experienced divers as well as families!
Whether you’re a seasoned scuba diver or a curious novice, these resorts offer the perfect underwater experiences alongside a stay that caters to your comfort, adventure, and culinary tastes. So, strap on your goggles and prep your diving gear as we delve into the list!
- Best All Inclusive Resort For Scuba Divers
- 1. Sandals Grande St. Lucian, St. Lucia
- 2. Cozumel Palace, Mexico
- 3. Anse Chastanet Resort, St. Lucia
- 4. Atmosphere Resorts & Spa, Philippines
- 5. Komandoo Maldives Island Resort, Maldives
- 6. The Brando, French Polynesia
- 7. Anthony’s Key Resort, Honduras
- 8. Club Med Kani, Maldives
- 9. Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, Maldives
- 10. Scuba Club Cozumel, Mexico
- Frequently Asked Questions About All Inclusive Resorts For Scuba Divers
- What should I look for in a resort for scuba diving?
- Are all-inclusive scuba diving resorts suitable for beginners?
- How safe are scuba diving activities at these resorts?
- Do these resorts offer any other activities besides scuba diving?
- Can non-divers enjoy a stay at these all-inclusive scuba diving resorts?
Best All Inclusive Resort For Scuba Divers
Although there are hundreds of incredible resorts around the world that will provide you with an incredible scuba diving experience, our team wanted to put together the definitive list of the top 10 best all inclusive resorts for scuba divers. Based on our own personal experience as well as the help of our readers and many online customer reviews, we have built out a list of scuba diving resorts that experienced divers as well as beginners will absolutely love!
Without further-ado let’s jump into our list of the 10 best all inclusive resorts for scuba divers!
1. Sandals Grande St. Lucian, St. Lucia
Nestled in a stunning peninsula, Sandals Grande St. Lucian is a dream-come-true for scuba diving enthusiasts. The turquoise waters of St. Lucia are home to diverse marine life, and the resort offers daily dives for certified divers.
The all-inclusive package includes lavish accommodations with stunning oceanic views, unlimited dining from global cuisines, and premium spirits. The resort offers PADI-certified scuba diving programs that range from beginner to advanced levels. Their fleet of specially designed Newton Dive Boats will take you to the most exquisite diving sites, supervised by experienced dive masters. You can see where the Sandals Grande St. Lucian ranks on our best Sandals resort article!
- Amenities: Multiple restaurants and bars, private beach, spa, pools, golf course, watersports, free Wi-Fi
- Activities: Scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking, paddleboarding, golf, volleyball, tennis, fitness center, live performances
- Location: Pigeon Island Causeway, Gros Islet, St. Lucia
- Why it’s great for Scuba Divers: Diverse dive sites, PADI-certified programs for all levels, specialized dive boats
- Why you should visit: A luxurious stay with a wide range of land and water activities, culinary delights, and stunning views
2. Cozumel Palace, Mexico
Dive into the world’s second-largest barrier reef at Cozumel Palace. Sitting at the edge of the Caribbean Sea in Mexico, the resort is a haven for scuba diving and snorkeling enthusiasts.
The resort offers a range of rooms and suites, all inclusive of 24-hour room service, top-shelf drinks, and a personal liquor cabinet. The resort’s dining options serve Mexican, Italian, and Asian cuisines, with snacks and beverages available all day. They also provide diving lessons in their amazing infinity pool. Cozumel Palace is one of the most well known resorts in Mexico and was featured on our best all-inclusive resorts in Mexico for large groups article!
- Amenities: Pool, swim-up bar, multiple dining options, spa, kids club, fitness center, free Wi-Fi
- Activities: Scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming, paddleboarding, spa treatments, yoga classes, off-site excursions
- Location: Av. Rafael E. Melgar Km. 1.5, Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Why it’s great for Scuba Divers: Proximity to the world’s second-largest barrier reef, diving lessons
- Why you should visit: Excellent location, luxurious rooms, variety of dining options, and easy access to the spectacular coral reefs of Cozumel.
3. Anse Chastanet Resort, St. Lucia
With its prime location in a marine reserve, the Anse Chastanet Resort is the perfect base for divers seeking to explore St. Lucia’s underwater landscapes.
From hillside suites providing panoramic ocean views to beachside rooms allowing you to step directly onto the sand, the accommodations are nothing short of amazing. The all-inclusive package includes meals at their award-winning restaurants and offers an extensive list of complimentary activities.
- Amenities: Spa, yoga studio, restaurants, bars, art gallery, bike shop, boutique
- Activities: Scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking, windsurfing, sunfish sailing, jungle biking, yoga
- Location: Soufriere, St. Lucia
- Why it’s great for Scuba Divers: Located in a marine reserve with a PADI 5-star scuba center on-site, offering a range of diving courses and excursions
- Why you should visit: Stunning natural surroundings, an array of amenities, and unparalleled access to some of the best diving spots in the Caribbean
4. Atmosphere Resorts & Spa, Philippines
Immerse yourself in the world-class diving experience at the Atmosphere Resorts & Spa, located alongside the Dauin Marine Sanctuary.
The resort’s luxury suites and penthouses are beautifully furnished, providing a comfortable base for your diving adventure. The all-inclusive package includes delicious meals prepared with fresh, locally sourced ingredients and diving excursions to some of the best sites in the region.
- Amenities: Restaurants, bar, spa, yoga classes, kids club, pools
- Activities: Scuba diving, snorkeling, yoga, spa treatments, mountain biking, hiking, excursions
- Location: Dauin, Negros Oriental, Philippines
- Why it’s great for Scuba Divers: Proximity to Dauin Marine Sanctuary and Apo Island, with a range of dive packages available
- Why you should visit: The resort’s commitment to luxury and sustainability, fabulous dining options, and access to rich dive sites
5. Komandoo Maldives Island Resort, Maldives
Nestled in the spectacular Lhaviyani Atoll, the Komandoo Maldives Island Resort offers an all-inclusive diving experience that will take your breath away.
The resort provides a variety of villas, all featuring Maldivian-style décor and modern amenities. From dining on the beach to enjoying an array of water sports, Komandoo ensures an exciting vacation. The on-site dive center offers a range of PADI courses and excursions to over 50 dive sites.
- Amenities: Restaurants, bars, spa, fitness center, infinity pool, watersports center
- Activities: Scuba diving, snorkeling, watersports, spa treatments, fitness classes, excursions
- Location: Lhaviyani Atoll, Maldives
- Why it’s great for Scuba Divers: Access to more than 50 dive sites, PADI courses available for all levels
- Why you should visit: Tranquil adults-only resort with beautiful villas, excellent dining options, and a wide range of activities
6. The Brando, French Polynesia
If you’re after a slice of paradise mixed with scuba diving opportunities, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a better option than The Brando. Located on the private island of Tetiaroa, this luxury resort combines eco-consciousness with opulence.
Stunning private villies, Michelin-starred cuisine, and a myriad of inclusive activities make for a memorable stay. Their all-inclusive scuba diving packages allow guests to explore the coral reefs and vibrant marine life of Tetiaroa atoll.
- Amenities: Restaurants, bars, spa, fitness center, tennis court, infinity pool, research station
- Activities: Scuba diving, snorkeling, paddleboarding, kayaking, bird watching, Polynesian cultural activities
- Location: Tetiaroa, French Polynesia
- Why it’s great for Scuba Divers: Offers a diverse range of diving sites in the coral gardens of Tetiaroa atoll, with PADI certified dive instructors on-site
- Why you should visit: Luxurious private villas, Michelin-starred dining, eco-conscious ethos, and a wealth of inclusive activities
7. Anthony’s Key Resort, Honduras
Nestled on the island of Roatan, Anthony’s Key Resort is a scuba diver’s paradise. The resort offers a truly immersive experience with cottages overlooking the ocean or nestled in the tropical hillside.
The all-inclusive packages cover meals, dive equipment, and multiple daily dive trips to the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef. A bonus is the on-site Dolphin Encounter program, a must-visit for marine life enthusiasts.
- Amenities: Restaurants, bars, spa, diving center, dolphin center, photo center
- Activities: Scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, dolphin encounters, horseback riding, island tours
- Location: Roatan, Honduras
- Why it’s great for Scuba Divers: Offers diving experiences in the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, the second-largest reef system in the world
- Why you should visit: A tropical paradise with a range of accommodations, marine life encounters, and world-class diving
8. Club Med Kani, Maldives
Club Med Kani presents a scuba diving experience like no other. Its location in the heart of the Indian Ocean, offers easy access to vibrant coral reefs teeming with marine life.
In addition to stylish overwater bungalows, the resort boasts gourmet dining and a plethora of water activities. Divers can avail of courses for all levels, and excursions are planned to some of the Maldives’ best dive spots.
- Amenities: Restaurants, bars, pools, fitness center, spa, kids clubs
- Activities: Scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing, kayaking, paddleboarding, fitness classes
- Location: Kanifinolhu, Maldives
- Why it’s great for Scuba Divers: Access to the Maldives’ spectacular coral reefs, with courses and excursions for divers of all levels
- Why you should visit: Overwater bungalows, gourmet dining, and an extensive list of inclusive activities make it a fantastic vacation spot
9. Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, Maldives
Kuredu Island Resort & Spa is yet another gem in the Maldives that offers exquisite accommodation options and stunning underwater experiences. It’s no wonder scuba enthusiasts flock to Kuredu, the island’s location puts it in close proximity to nearly 50 spectacular dive sites.
Stay in a beach bungalow or an over-water villa and experience the tropical vibes with modern amenities. Dining options are diverse, featuring cuisines from around the globe. The resort’s PADI 5-star dive center, Prodivers, offers an array of courses and expeditions to some of the best dive sites in the Maldives.
- Amenities: 7 restaurants, 7 bars, 3 pools, gym, golf course, spa, dive center
- Activities: Scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing, kiteboarding, golf, fishing, island hopping, cultural excursions
- Location: Lhaviyani Atoll, Maldives
- Why it’s great for Scuba Divers: Proximity to nearly 50 fantastic dive sites and a 5-star PADI dive center on-site
- Why you should visit: An abundance of accommodation and dining options, varied water sports, and world-class diving make this resort a top-notch destination.
10. Scuba Club Cozumel, Mexico
Last on our list, but certainly not least, Scuba Club Cozumel is built by divers, for divers. This dedicated dive resort located in Cozumel, one of the top scuba diving destinations in the world, focuses on providing the best dive experiences possible.
This diver’s haven features traditional Mexican-style architecture with comfortable rooms, a waterfront restaurant, and an on-site dive shop. The all-inclusive packages include multiple boat dives daily, unlimited beach diving, and delectable meals.
- Amenities: Restaurant, bar, pool, dive shop, gear storage lockers, photo center
- Activities: Scuba diving, snorkeling, beach lounging, exploring Cozumel
- Location: Cozumel, Mexico
- Why it’s great for Scuba Divers: Tailored for divers with daily boat dives, unlimited beach diving, and proximity to the Mesoamerican Reef
- Why you should visit: For a dedicated dive resort that offers a unique mix of scuba immersion, comfort, and local charm.
And that concludes our top 10 all-inclusive resorts for scuba diving! With destinations from the Maldives to Mexico and accommodations ranging from eco-luxury to diver-specific, there’s a resort for every diver’s taste and budget. So, pack up your fins and mask, and get ready to make a splash!
Frequently Asked Questions About All Inclusive Resorts For Scuba Divers
Although there are tons of all inclusive resorts that provide an incredible scuba diving experience, there are a few resorts that are known all around the world for being the best option for scuba divers. These resorts will be great for beginners but also for experienced scuba divers. Our team have received a handful of questions from our readers about booking an all inclusive resorts for scuba diving. We have compiled all of the most commonly asked questions about this topic in the section below. If you have any further questions then please reach out to our team and we will place the answer below.
What should I look for in a resort for scuba diving?
When searching for the best all-inclusive resort for scuba diving, you should consider a few factors. The proximity and accessibility of the resort to top dive sites is a major consideration. Also, the resort should have a certified dive center on-site offering training, equipment rental, and guided dives. Look for resorts that offer packages including multiple dive trips and other related amenities.
Are all-inclusive scuba diving resorts suitable for beginners?
Absolutely! Most all-inclusive scuba diving resorts offer courses for beginners and provide all the necessary equipment. They usually have certified instructors to guide beginners through the learning process. However, always check with the resort before booking.
How safe are scuba diving activities at these resorts?
Safety is a top priority at any reputable scuba diving resort. All activities are led and supervised by certified professionals and safety guidelines are strictly adhered to. Moreover, many of the resorts are equipped with medical facilities for immediate response to any emergency.
Do these resorts offer any other activities besides scuba diving?
Yes, most all-inclusive resorts offer a wide range of activities in addition to scuba diving. These can include snorkeling, kayaking, sailing, fishing, hiking, and spa services, among others. Some resorts also offer local cultural and sightseeing excursions.
Can non-divers enjoy a stay at these all-inclusive scuba diving resorts?
Of course! While these resorts cater heavily to scuba divers, they’re designed to ensure all guests have an enjoyable stay. Non-divers can partake in various other water and land activities, enjoy spa treatments, or simply relax by the pool or beach. Moreover, most resorts offer ‘discover scuba diving’ experiences for guests who wish to try diving.