From the crystal-clear turquoise waters to the palm-fringed sandy beaches, Hawaii is a veritable paradise. Its allure, however, extends far beyond its natural beauty. This oasis offers a myriad of resorts, each serving up a unique blend of hospitality, relaxation, and fun that cater specifically to adults. Here, we unveil our list of the 10 best all-inclusive resorts in Hawaii for adults that will take your tropical vacation to a whole new level of opulence.
- Best Resorts In Hawaii For Adults
- 1. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Big Island
- 2. The Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui
- 3. Mauna Lani, Auberge Resorts Collection, Big Island
- 4. Fairmont Orchid, Big Island
- 5. Princeville Resort, Kauai
- 6. Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
- 7. Halekulani Hotel, Oahu
- 8. Travaasa Hana – Now Called Hyatt Hana-Maui Resort
- 9. Turtle Bay Resort, Oahu
- Frequently Asked Questions About Hawaiian Resorts For Adults
- 1. Do all-inclusive resorts in Hawaii offer adults-only accommodations?
- 2. What activities are available for adults at these resorts?
- 3. Are dining options included in the all-inclusive package at these resorts?
- 4. What makes Hawaii a great destination for adults?
- 5. What's the best time to visit these all-inclusive resorts in Hawaii?
Best Resorts In Hawaii For Adults
Although there are numerous resorts and hotels all across the state of Hawaii, there are a few resorts that are known specifically for tailoring their experience towards adults. Although we know you will love visiting Hawaii no matter what hotel you stay at, we recommend visiting the following resorts that are known for providing a unique experience for adults.
Our list of recommended resorts in Hawaii for adults and couples:
1. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Big Island
Imagine waking up to the sound of waves gently crashing on the shore, a radiant sunrise painting the sky in hues of pink and orange. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, located on the Big Island’s North Kona Coast, offers this and much more. A place where luxury meets tranquillity, it promises an unforgettable vacation for adults.
From your private lanai, gaze out at the captivating ocean or explore the vibrant marine life in the resort’s unique snorkeling pond, King’s Pond. You’ll have the chance to play golf on a world-class course designed by Jack Nicklaus, savor gourmet meals in their array of restaurants, or simply pamper yourself at the spa. Evenings can be spent around a beachfront fire pit, sipping on a tropical cocktail as the sun sets into the Pacific.
- Amenities: King’s Pond snorkeling, Jack Nicklaus signature golf course, a luxury spa, beachfront fire pits, fine dining restaurants, and private lanai in all rooms.
- Activities: Snorkeling, golf, spa treatments, cultural tours, fitness classes.
- Why it’s great for adults: Its tranquil setting and sophisticated amenities provide an ideal getaway for adults seeking relaxation and a bit of adventure. Its no children policy ensures peace and quiet.
2. The Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui
The Ritz-Carlton Kapalua in Maui offers a mix of luxury and adventure in a stunning natural setting. Here, the spirit of aloha permeates everything, from the resort’s design to its services. Set amidst one of Hawaii’s largest nature reserves, it offers opportunities to experience Hawaii’s rich history and biodiversity.
Indulge in ocean-view dining at one of the resort’s six restaurants and bars, relax by one of the pools or on the sprawling beachfront, or surrender to total relaxation at the Waihua Spa. For the more adventurous, there are two championship golf courses, tennis courts, and numerous hiking trails.
- Amenities: Six restaurants and bars, two championship golf courses, a luxury spa, multiple swimming pools, beachfront access, tennis courts, hiking trails.
- Activities: Dining, golf, spa treatments, swimming, tennis, hiking, cultural and natural history tours.
- Why it’s great for adults: The peaceful surroundings, luxurious amenities, and numerous activities make it an excellent choice for adults looking for a rejuvenating holiday with a dash of adventure. Its cultural and natural history tours offer enriching experiences.
3. Mauna Lani, Auberge Resorts Collection, Big Island
For those seeking a blend of traditional Hawaiian culture and modern luxury, look no further than Mauna Lani, located on the stunning Kohala Coast of the Big Island. Mauna Lani offers an authentic Hawaiian experience infused with a sense of magic and legend.
Guests can enjoy their days at the award-winning beaches, indulge in pampering treatments at the Mauna Lani Spa, or explore ancient Hawaiian fish ponds and petroglyphs. Golf enthusiasts can also try their hand at the two renowned golf courses. Dining is a delight here, with options ranging from oceanfront casual to exquisite fine dining.
- Amenities: Beaches, Spa, Golf Courses, Dining options, Historical Sites
- Activities: Swimming, Spa treatments, Golfing, Cultural exploration, Dining
- Why it’s great for adults: With its blend of Hawaiian culture and luxury, Mauna Lani offers a unique and romantic getaway for adults. Its tranquil setting and rich cultural offerings provide an enriching and relaxing holiday experience.
4. Fairmont Orchid, Big Island
Fairmont Orchid is a luxury resort located on the Kohala Coast, surrounded by 32 acres of tropical gardens, cascading waterfalls, and a tranquil white sand beach. This oceanfront paradise offers a variety of activities that cater to every interest.
Guests can enjoy an array of water sports, relax at the Spa Without Walls, or indulge in one of the six award-winning restaurants and lounges. An exclusive adults-only pool and the Hawaiian-inspired treatments at the spa make it an appealing choice for adults seeking tranquility.
- Amenities: Beach, Water Sports, Spa, Dining Options, Adults-only Pool
- Activities: Swimming, Spa Treatments, Dining, Water Sports
- Why it’s great for adults: Fairmont Orchid’s adults-only pool, spa treatments, and gourmet dining options make it a perfect resort for adults in search of a rejuvenating and relaxing vacation.
5. Princeville Resort, Kauai
Located on the northern shore of Kauai, Princeville Resort provides breath-taking views of Hanalei Bay and the Napali Coast. This luxury resort delivers a world-class experience with a distinct Hawaiian feel.
Unwind on the pristine beach, swim in the infinity pool that seems to blend into the ocean, or enjoy a round of golf at the Makai Golf Course. Guests can also explore the island’s beauty with an array of outdoor activities such as kayaking, hiking, and horseback riding.
- Amenities: Beach, Infinity Pool, Makai Golf Course, Outdoor Activities, Dining Options
- Activities: Swimming, Golfing, Kayaking, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Dining
- Why it’s great for adults: With its spectacular views, luxury amenities, and array of outdoor activities, Princeville Resort offers a perfect balance of relaxation and adventure for adults.
6. Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
Located in the sunnier side of Maui, Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea offers an unforgettable resort experience with a stunning panorama of the Pacific Ocean and Maui’s largest rooms.
From lounging on the beautiful Wailea Beach, dining at award-winning restaurants, or rejuvenating at the spa, guests have an abundance of options. Those seeking more adventure can explore the marine life through snorkeling or attend a traditional Hawaiian luau.
- Amenities: Wailea Beach, Dining options, Spa, Water Sports, Traditional Hawaiian Luau
- Activities: Beach lounging, Dining, Spa treatments, Snorkeling, Attending a luau
- Why it’s great for adults: With its large rooms, extensive amenities, and adult activities, Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea is a fantastic option for adults seeking both relaxation and adventure.
7. Halekulani Hotel, Oahu
Halekulani Hotel in Oahu, known as the “House Befitting Heaven,” lives up to its name with its oceanfront location and impeccable service. It’s a serene oasis offering guests an elegant and tranquil experience.
Guests can unwind at the iconic Orchid pool, savor culinary delights in its renowned restaurants, or indulge in award-winning SpaHalekulani. The hotel’s art and cultural programs add to its charm.
- Amenities: Oceanfront location, Iconic Orchid pool, Dining options, Spa, Art and Cultural Programs
- Activities: Swimming, Dining, Spa treatments, Participating in cultural programs
- Why it’s great for adults: The Halekulani Hotel, with its luxury accommodations, enriching cultural programs, and relaxing spa treatments, is a perfect getaway for adults seeking a peaceful and enriching vacation.
8. Travaasa Hana – Now Called Hyatt Hana-Maui Resort
A peaceful retreat awaits you at the Travaasa Hana (which was recently purchased by the Hyatt Hotel group), one of Maui’s most secluded resorts. Here, the charm of old Hawaii meets the luxuries of modern comfort. Perfect for adults seeking a tranquil escape, this resort lets you experience the essence of Hawaiian culture and tradition.
You can choose to relax in the serene wellness spa, take a dip in the infinity pool, or try your hand at various cultural and adventure activities. The dining options feature farm-to-table menus using locally sourced ingredients for an authentic culinary experience.
- Amenities: Wellness Spa, Infinity Pool, Adventure and cultural activities, Dining options
- Activities: Spa treatments, Swimming, Hawaiian cultural activities, Adventure activities, Dining
- Why it’s great for adults: The seclusion, rich cultural experiences, and wellness-focused amenities make Travaasa Hana a haven for adults in need of a relaxing and enriching getaway.
9. Turtle Bay Resort, Oahu
Ending our list is Turtle Bay Resort on Oahu’s fabled North Shore, known for its beautiful ocean views and outdoor activities. This resort, offering an array of leisure activities and unique amenities, is a paradise for adults.
Whether it’s horseback riding along the beach, golfing on championship courses, or pampering yourself at the Nalu Kinetic Spa, Turtle Bay Resort has something for everyone. The dining options, offering a selection of cuisines, ensure an extraordinary culinary journey.
- Amenities: Horseback Riding, Championship Golf Courses, Nalu Kinetic Spa, Dining options
- Activities: Horseback riding, Golfing, Spa treatments, Dining
- Why it’s great for adults: With its multitude of activities and wellness options, Turtle Bay Resort caters perfectly to adults seeking a blend of adventure, relaxation, and culinary delights.
Exploring these all-inclusive resorts in Hawaii is a unique experience, combining both relaxation and adventure. Whether you’re a foodie, a wellness enthusiast, a culture buff, or an adventure seeker, these resorts have something to cater to your interests. All you need to do is to pick the one that resonates with your vacation style and get ready to experience the true essence of aloha!
Frequently Asked Questions About Hawaiian Resorts For Adults
Our team has received a few messages from readers about finding the best resort in Hawaii for adults so we have decided to compile all of these FAQ questions in the section below. If you have another question that isn’t covered below then we recommend reaching out to our team and we will answer your questions as quickly as possible.
1. Do all-inclusive resorts in Hawaii offer adults-only accommodations?
While many resorts in Hawaii cater to families, there are also numerous resorts that cater specifically to adults or offer adults-only sections. It’s always best to check directly with the resort to confirm their policies.
2. What activities are available for adults at these resorts?
The all-inclusive resorts in Hawaii offer a wide range of activities suitable for adults. This includes wellness programs, spa treatments, golf, hiking, surfing, cultural experiences, and more. The specific offerings will vary from resort to resort.
3. Are dining options included in the all-inclusive package at these resorts?
Yes, generally, all-inclusive resorts will include a variety of dining options as part of the package. This can range from buffet-style meals to fine dining experiences, and some resorts may even offer farm-to-table dining using locally sourced ingredients.
4. What makes Hawaii a great destination for adults?
Hawaii offers a rich blend of experiences that can appeal to adults. From its stunning natural landscapes and outdoor adventures to its rich culture and history, there’s something for every interest. Plus, the many luxurious resorts provide ample opportunity for relaxation and indulgence. Although the Caribbean is known to be a hot spot for tropical all inclusive vacations, Hawaii as well as other US vacations can provide an amazing all inclusive experience as well!
5. What’s the best time to visit these all-inclusive resorts in Hawaii?
Hawaii is a year-round destination thanks to its tropical climate. However, the best time to visit can depend on your preferences. If you’re seeking fewer crowds, consider visiting during the shoulder seasons of April-May and September-October. For the best surf, winter months are ideal. Always check with the specific resort for any seasonal offers or events.