With countless tennis aficionados seeking the perfect vacation spot, we’ve done the legwork to compile a list of the top tennis resorts across the country. Not only do these resorts boast top-tier tennis facilities, but they also offer an array of amenities to ensure a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Whether you’re a seasoned tennis pro or a leisurely player, there’s a resort for you on this list. Let’s get started with our list of the 9 best tennis resorts in the United States!
- Best Tennis Resorts In The United States
- 1. Kiawah Island Golf Resort, South Carolina
- 2. The Boulders, Arizona
- 3. John Newcombe Tennis Ranch, Texas
- 4. The Broadmoor, Colorado
- 5. Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado, New Mexico
- 6. The Sea Pines Resort, South Carolina
- 7. Boca Raton Resort & Club, Florida
- 8. The Cloister at Sea Island, Georgia
- 9. The Breakers, Florida
- Frequently Asked Questions About Tennis Resorts In The US
- 1. Can beginners book these tennis resorts in the US?
- 2. What's the best time of year to visit these tennis resorts?
- 3. Besides tennis, what other activities can I do at these resorts?
- 4. Do these resorts provide tennis equipment, or should I bring my own?
- 5. Can I book a tennis resort for a tennis-themed event or tournament?
Best Tennis Resorts In The United States
Tennis resorts have grown in popularity in recent years and we expect them soon to become a popular travel destination similar to how many people are traveling to golf resorts around the world. Although there are numerous world class tennis resorts around the United States, we have compiled our top 9 recommendations based on personal experience, reader reviews, customer experience, and more.
Let’s jump into our top 9 recommendations for tennis resorts to visit!
1. Kiawah Island Golf Resort, South Carolina
Kiawah Island Golf Resort is not just for golf lovers! Nestled in a lush island landscape, it boasts top-of-the-line tennis facilities. With 24 tennis courts – ten of which are clay – you will have ample opportunities to perfect your game. The resort even provides professional instruction for those looking to improve their skills.
Beyond tennis, the resort has a plethora of amenities to enjoy. From stunning beachfront access to multiple golf courses and a rejuvenating spa, there’s no shortage of ways to relax after a game of tennis. And with nine unique dining venues, you’ll always find something to satisfy your cravings.
Why should tennis lovers choose Kiawah Island Golf Resort?
- World-Class Tennis Facilities: With a total of 24 tennis courts, including ten clay ones, players of all levels will have space to enjoy the game.
- Tennis Instruction: The resort’s professional tennis instruction offers programs for beginners and advanced players alike.
- Stunning Amenities: Beach access, golf courses, a spa, and a variety of dining options mean there’s never a dull moment.
2. The Boulders, Arizona
The Boulders Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, is a tennis player’s dream. Surrounded by the breathtaking Sonoran Desert, the resort’s eight tennis courts – four hard and four classic clay – provide a unique backdrop for your matches. The resort also offers private lessons, group clinics, and match arranging services.
Beyond tennis, The Boulders offers two championship golf courses, four swimming pools, and six restaurants. And for those seeking relaxation, the resort’s full-service spa and extensive wellness programming ensure a well-rounded vacation experience. The Boulders is also known as one of the best all inclusive golf resorts in USA because of its incredible golf courses and training facilities.
Why should tennis enthusiasts consider The Boulders?
- Diverse Tennis Courts: Choose from hard or classic clay courts for your perfect match.
- Extensive Tennis Programming: Private lessons, group clinics, and match arranging services are available for all guests.
- Stunning Location: The resort’s unique desert setting provides a distinctive backdrop for your tennis matches and relaxation time alike.
These top-tier resorts will ensure your vacation is an ace! From impeccable tennis facilities to a variety of luxury amenities, there’s something to suit every tennis enthusiast’s preference. So pack your racket, and prepare for the tennis vacation of a lifetime.
3. John Newcombe Tennis Ranch, Texas
The John Newcombe Tennis Ranch in Texas is more than a resort – it’s an institution. With a focus on tennis training programs, the resort offers adult and junior clinics run by professionals, ensuring players of all ages can improve their skills.
Even with its tennis-centric approach, the John Newcombe Tennis Ranch doesn’t skimp on other amenities. There’s a fitness center for those looking to augment their training, a restaurant and bar for a post-match meal or drink, and several comfortable accommodation options for a good night’s rest.
What makes John Newcombe Tennis Ranch stand out?
- Focused Tennis Training: The resort’s various clinics for adults and juniors promise dedicated improvement in your game.
- Fitness Center: Complement your tennis training with a visit to the resort’s fitness center.
- Onsite Dining: Enjoy a hearty meal or a refreshing drink after a day on the courts at the resort’s restaurant and bar.
4. The Broadmoor, Colorado
The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs isn’t just known for its scenic setting in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, but also for its stellar tennis facilities. With six clay courts and three hard courts, the resort caters to players who prefer either surface. And with a dedicated team of tennis professionals available for lessons, you’ll be perfecting your serve in no time.
Aside from tennis, The Broadmoor offers plenty of other activities to fill your vacation days. You could try your hand at golf on one of their three championship courses, take a swim in one of the pools, or unwind at the spa. The Broadmoor is an incredible resort that has a bit of everything and is often included as one of best all-inclusive ski resorts in Colorado.
What makes The Broadmoor a good choice for tennis lovers?
- Variety of Tennis Courts: Choose from six clay and three hard courts based on your preference.
- Professional Tennis Lessons: Learn from the best with the resort’s team of tennis professionals.
- Luxurious Amenities: From championship golf courses to relaxing spa facilities, there’s more to The Broadmoor than just tennis.
5. Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado, New Mexico
Nestled in the scenic landscapes of Santa Fe, the Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado offers a luxurious tennis vacation. The resort’s two tennis courts are open all year round, and their tennis concierge service will help ensure you have everything you need for the perfect match.
But there’s more to this resort than tennis. With a full-service spa, various dining options, and activities like hiking and mountain biking, you’ll find it easy to relax and have fun when you’re not playing tennis.
Why choose Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado?
- Year-Round Tennis: With tennis courts open all year, you can enjoy your favorite sport no matter when you visit.
- Tennis Concierge Service: Their dedicated service ensures all your tennis needs are met.
- Outdoor Activities: When not on the court, indulge in various outdoor activities like hiking or mountain biking.
6. The Sea Pines Resort, South Carolina
Located on Hilton Head Island, The Sea Pines Resort is a haven for tennis enthusiasts. Its famous Racquet Club boasts 23 clay courts and a stadium court, and all of them are just steps away from the beach. You’ll enjoy perfecting your game in this idyllic coastal setting.
But this resort isn’t just about tennis. There’s a range of other recreational activities to enjoy, from golf to horseback riding to exploring the 605-acre Forest Reserve. Plus, with a variety of dining options and luxurious accommodations, your stay at Sea Pines will be nothing short of comfortable and memorable.
What makes The Sea Pines Resort stand out?
- Impressive Tennis Facilities: With 23 clay courts and a stadium court, you’ll have plenty of space to practice.
- Proximity to the Beach: A quick break between games? Why not take a stroll along the beach?
- Recreational Activities: From golfing to horseback riding, there’s no shortage of things to do off the court.
7. Boca Raton Resort & Club, Florida
Boca Raton Resort & Club in Florida is a tropical paradise for tennis lovers. With 30 clay-based courts, 12 of which are lit for night play, this resort allows you to enjoy a match whenever you wish. They also offer clinics and private lessons with certified USPTA professionals to enhance your game.
Off the court, indulge in the luxurious spa, explore various dining options, or take a dip in one of the resort’s seven swimming pools. There’s also a half-mile stretch of private beach waiting for you to unwind.
Why choose Boca Raton Resort & Club?
- 30 Clay-Based Courts: Plenty of courts to keep you busy throughout your stay.
- Night Play: Want to play after sundown? 12 courts are lit for nighttime matches.
- Luxury Amenities: A spa, multiple dining options, and swimming pools ensure a lavish vacation.
8. The Cloister at Sea Island, Georgia
The Cloister at Sea Island offers a perfect blend of luxury and sport. Its Tennis Center features eight Har-Tru courts and four hard courts, all maintained to perfection. The resort even has a team of tennis pros on hand to give personalized lessons and clinics.
But tennis isn’t the only thing on offer at The Cloister. Try a round of golf, visit the spa, explore five miles of private beach, or dine at one of the resort’s excellent restaurants.
Why is The Cloister at Sea Island a great choice?
- Variety of Courts: Choose from Har-Tru or hard courts to play your best game.
- Personalized Tennis Lessons: Improve your skills with the help of professional instructors.
- Luxurious Facilities: High-end spa, fine dining, and a private beach add to the charm of this resort.
9. The Breakers, Florida
Steeped in history and oozing luxury, The Breakers in Palm Beach, Florida, offers an unrivaled tennis experience. Its Tennis Center houses 10 beautifully maintained Har-Tru courts where you can enjoy a friendly match or learn from USPTA/USPTR-certified professionals.
The Breakers doesn’t stop at tennis. Its beachfront location, stunning golf courses, rejuvenating spa, and assortment of restaurants promise a comprehensive vacation. Whether you’re off the court or on, this resort knows how to treat you right.
What makes The Breakers unique?
- Historic and Luxurious Setting: You’ll be playing tennis in the lap of luxury.
- Har-Tru Courts: These courts offer a slower pace of play, perfect for refining your techniques.
- Beachfront Location: The gorgeous beach provides a stunning backdrop for your games and a relaxing space for your off-time.
These are just the cream of the crop when it comes to tennis resorts in the US. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned player, these resorts have something to offer you. With their spectacular tennis facilities, plethora of activities, and luxurious accommodations, you’re guaranteed to have a vacation you’ll remember.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tennis Resorts In The US
Below are a few of the most commonly asked questions we receive about tennis resorts in the United States. If you still have more questions about which resort is the best option for you and your family then please reach out to us and we will include your question in the section below.
1. Can beginners book these tennis resorts in the US?
Absolutely! Many of the best tennis resorts in the United States offer programs for players of all levels, from absolute beginners to experienced competitors. They often have certified professionals who can provide lessons and help you improve your skills.
2. What’s the best time of year to visit these tennis resorts?
While it largely depends on the resort and its location, most tennis resorts in the US are open year-round. Resorts in warmer states like California and Florida can be enjoyed at any time of the year. Those in cooler states might have indoor courts to facilitate play during the colder months.
3. Besides tennis, what other activities can I do at these resorts?
These tennis resorts are renowned not only for their outstanding tennis facilities but also for a range of other amenities and activities. This includes luxury spas, golf courses, fitness centers, swimming pools, hiking trails, horseback riding, and more. They often also have an array of dining options and offer unique culinary experiences.
4. Do these resorts provide tennis equipment, or should I bring my own?
While it’s always best to check directly with the resort, most top-notch tennis resorts offer tennis equipment for rent or purchase. However, if you’re particular about your equipment, it’s recommended to bring your own.
5. Can I book a tennis resort for a tennis-themed event or tournament?
Yes, many of these tennis resorts cater to special events and tournaments. With their world-class facilities and beautiful locations, they make the perfect venue for a memorable tennis event. It’s best to contact the resort directly for more details about event planning and bookings.